[Bioperl-l] Bioperl problem

Jun Yin jun.yin at ucd.ie
Mon Jan 24 22:14:30 UTC 2011

Hi,

I haven't run the code, but I spotted a few problems in the code.

Yusheng, can you try to set the environment as

BEGIN { $ENV{CLUSTALDIR} = "c:/work/ClustalW2 "};
Instead of
BEGIN { $ENV{CLUSTALDIR} = "c:/work/ClustalW2/clustalw2.exe"};

If that still doesn't work, try to rename your clustalw2.exe into clustalw
as well.

Or, you can run your clustalw2 using system command, and read  in the
alignment using Bio::AlignIO.

Cheers,
Jun Yin
Ph.D. student in U.C.D.