[Bioperl-l] How can I tell if I have certain BioPerl modules? Like Bio::SeqIO

Chet Seligman cseligman at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 19 00:04:04 UTC 2011

I am running Strawberry Perl

perl 5, version 12, subversion 2 (v5.12.2) built for
MSWin32-x64-multi-thread

I then installed Bioperl this way:

INSTALLING BIOPERL THE EASY WAY USING CPAN

   You can use the CPAN shell to install Bioperl. For example:

     >perl -MCPAN -e shell

   Then find the name of the Bioperl version you want:

     cpan>d /bioperl/

     CPAN: Storable loaded ok

     Going to read /home/bosborne/.cpan/Metadata

     Database was generated on Tue, 24 Feb 2004 23:55:23 GMT

     Distribution    B/BI/BIRNEY/bioperl-1.2.tar.gz

     Distribution    B/BI/BIRNEY/bioperl-1.4.tar.gz

   Now install:

     cpan>install B/BI/BIRNEY/bioperl-1.4.tar.gz

And the installation went to completion

Chet Seligman