[Bioperl-l] bp_genbank2gff3 and method "binomial" problem

Luis A. M. Quintales lamq at usal.es
Wed Jun 18 11:50:16 UTC 2008

Hello!

I want to convert a set of EMBL files (genome of  S.pombe  version Sep
04) to GFF files.

First I try
bp_genbank2gff3.pl --format EMBL chromosome1.contig.embl
and I obtain
Can't call method "binomial" on an undefined value at bp_genbank2gff3.pl
line 674, <FH> line 103671

So, I convert the embl to genbank file using a perl program with
Bio::SeqIO methods. This works. Then, I retry
bp_genbank2gff3.pl  chromosome1.gb
and ... I obtain again the same error
Can't call method "binomial" on an undefined value at bp_genbank2gff3.pl
line 674, <FH> line 103496

Some help?
Thank you.

 Luis Antonio Miguel Quintales
 Departamento de Informática y Automática
 Facultad de Ciencias
 Universidad de Salamanca
 Plaza de la Merced s/n
 37008-SALAMANCA