[Bioperl-l] loading data to biosql tables

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Fri Dec 9 18:07:36 EST 2005

On 12/9/05 4:58 PM, "Angshu Kar" <angshu96 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Hilmar,
>
> I'm obliged that you showed me the light. I reanalyzed the schema and found
> that its no use working with a truncated version of biosql-schema and now
> I'm planning to install the entire schema. Could you please let me know
> where can I find the script for that for a Pg db?
>
> Thank you so much. Else I would have to face a lots of problem in the later
> half of my project.
>
> Gratefully,
> Angshu

Angshu,

Unfortunately (I hate to read documentation, also), you need to read the
documentation and installation instructions with things that you download.
If you got the biosql-schema, there is an INSTALL file in it that gives
details.  Hilmar and others have pointed out the INSTALL files on several
occasions as a source of answers to most installation questions.

I would suggest going through the INSTALL file located here:

http://cvs.bioperl.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/biosql-schema/
INSTALL?rev=HEAD&cvsroot=bioperl&content-type=text/plain

If you have a problem, then you need to provide the exact commands that you
executed prior to getting that problem, the exact error message you see, and
the operating system and version numbers for any relevant software.  That
will save you much time and grief when asking for help.

Sean