[Bioperl-l] Bioperl and Mysql

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Wed Dec 7 12:37:16 EST 2005

You probably got a lot of errors when you uploaded the file didn't you?
Always post error messages.

The problem with fasta files is that the Bioperl SeqIO parser (for
legitimate reasons) doesn't parse out an accession number, which,
however, is part of the unique key constraint. So you probably you do
have one sequence in the database; the only way you can get an empty
database after running a non-empty file is by failure to connect,
failure to load (find) the bioperl/bioperl-db modules, or by providing
--testonly to the load_seqdatabase.pl script. Only the latter will be
silent.

See http://bioperl.org/pipermail/bioperl-l/2005-August/019579.html for
what you need to do in order to load fasta-formatted files into biosql.

If none of this can be the problem, run the bioperl-db tests and report
the outcome.

	-hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org