[Bioperl-l] Re: [Root-l] new Bioperl bug tracking system

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 11:28:09 +0100 (BST)

On 22 Oct 2002, Lars G. T. Jorgensen wrote:

> Hilmar Lapp <hlapp@gnf.org> writes:
>
> > I just did this for bioperl. We also have bioperl-bugs@bio.perl.org in
> > the PODs as a way to submit bugs. I'm not sure whether this is still
> > accepted?
>
> Not to be a smart ass, but doesn't CPAN offer Request Tracker as a
> service + all the perl developement uses it + it has a e-mail
> interface.

We use what works and what people have the time and effort to put in. To
be honest, I was happy with jitterbug

> BTW. Are there any plans of deprecating LargeSeq* since it exposes
> implementation?

In what way does it expose its implementation except in the constructor,
which - as it is a different implementation -  it has to expose?

...confused...