[Bioperl-l] Bioperl hackathon?

Nathan Torkington gnat@oreilly.com
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 16:32:26 -0600

Jeffrey Chang writes:
> That said, I'd like to echo other people's concerns that cost will be
> an issue.  It's an issue for me and likely for other people in
> Biopython and other projects.  A lot of us are doing this work on our
> free time.  Making time to attend a hackathon is tough enough (but
> can probably be justified), but finding resources to fund it is
> nearly impossible...

At O'Reilly we're working out how to do it as part of the
bioinformatics conference.  Our goal is to make it as cheap as we can
for bio* hackers to attend can, with the proviso that we can't pay
your hotel or travel.  If you can get to the conference (and as I said
before, there will be ways to do that with minimal expense) then
you'll be able to get to the hackathon.

While I have your attention--we have choices for dates for next year's
Open Source convention.  Are there dates yet for ISMB in 2002?  We
don't want to clash with that again!

Thanks,

Nat