[Bioperl-l] EMBL format field

Marc Logghe Marc.Logghe at ablynx.com
Mon Jun 9 08:47:11 UTC 2008

Hi Wen,
A dump of that sequence object (Data::Dumper is your friend !) reveals
that the PA EMBL field is not saved into the object. However, you will
find the string 'AB000170.1' in the embedded CDS feature, more precisely
the seqid of the location object. I don't know whether that is always
the case, but it is in your particular example.
So, to get your hands on that value you have to do:

my ($cds) = grep {$_->primary_tag eq 'CDS'} $seq->get_SeqFeatures;
my $parent_id = $cds->location->seq_id;

HTH,
Marc

Marc Logghe