[Bioperl-l] NCBI Blast via HTTP

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 14 16:16:52 UTC 2007

I tried this today and had no issues.  The NCBI BLAST server is
typically busy so you may have to wait dep. on the type of BLAST you
intend on running, whether you use stats, etc.  You can check on the
status if you set RemoteBlast::verbose() to 1.  Warning: it's pretty
noisy as verbose returns the HTMLized page containing the length of
time to recheck the RID.

chris