[Bioperl-l] URGENT : Problem in OMIM parser

neeti somaiya neetisomaiya at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 13:00:33 UTC 2007

Also,
As per the following links we can fetch data from the genemap file as well
:-
http://search.cpan.org/~birney/bioperl-1.2.3/Bio/Phenotype/OMIM/OMIMparser.pm

But when I am trying to do so in the exact manner as given in the above
link, I get no data. As in there are OMIM ids which are present in both the
omim.txt and genemap files, and for such cases when I parse and fetch data,
data from both files should be obtained, but I aint getting it.

For eg. while running the attached script, for OMIM id 100790, I get all
data from omim.txt but the cytoposition, gene symbol etc from genemap is not
coming, though it is present in the genemap file.

Please help me find what could be going wrong.