[Bioperl-l] load_seqdatabase failed to run with .gbk

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Fri Dec 16 13:19:09 EST 2005

So something kills your process - if it's not you or a sysadmin who
doesn't like you then it is the OS. The OS would kill your process if
it exceeds the per-process limits; on some systems (I thought you were
on linux?) a segmentation fault or other compiled code or shared object
problem could have the same symptom.

So, either you have already a huge number of processes running and the
OS thinks you reached the limit, or your machine is running out of
memory (what's your hardware, and how did you configure Postgres), or
there is a problem in a shared library being used (C runtime library?
Pg client library? DBD::Pg shared object?). My #1 suspect would be the
latter. Have you run the DBD::Pg tests? Was there any problem?

Also, you still haven't commented on whether you ran the bioperl-db
tests. It's hard to imagine that those would succeed but the script
fails like this.

	-hilmar

On Dec 16, 2005, at 7:27 AM, Angshu Kar wrote:

> [...]
>>> instantiating adaptor class Bio::DB::BioSQL::SimpleValueAdaptor
>>> attempting to load adaptor class for Bio::Annotation::Comment
>>>         attempting to load module Bio::DB::BioSQL::CommentAdaptor
>>> instantiating adaptor class Bio::DB::BioSQL::CommentAdaptor
>>> attempting to load adaptor class for Bio::PrimarySeq
>>>         attempting to load module Bio::DB::BioSQL::PrimarySeqAdaptor
>>> instantiating adaptor class Bio::DB::BioSQL::PrimarySeqAdaptor
>>> attempting to load adaptor class for Bio::SeqFeature::Generic
>>>         attempting to load module Bio::DB::BioSQL::GenericAdaptor
>>> attempting to load adaptor class for Bio::SeqFeatureI
>>>         attempting to load module Bio::DB::BioSQL::SeqFeatureIAdaptor
>>>         attempting to load module Bio::DB::BioSQL::SeqFeatureAdaptor
>>> instantiating adaptor class Bio::DB::BioSQL::SeqFeatureAdaptor
>>> attempting to load adaptor class for Bio::Location::Simple
>>>         attempting to load module Bio::DB::BioSQL::SimpleAdaptor
>>> attempting to load adaptor class for Bio::Location::Atomic
>>>         attempting to load module Bio::DB::BioSQL::AtomicAdaptor
>>> attempting to load adaptor class for Bio::LocationI
>>>         attempting to load module Bio::DB::BioSQL::LocationIAdaptor
>>>         attempting to load module Bio::DB::BioSQL::LocationAdaptor
>>> instantiating adaptor class Bio::DB::BioSQL::LocationAdaptor
>>> attempting to load adaptor class for Bio::Location::Split
>>>         attempting to load module Bio::DB::BioSQL::SplitAdaptor
>>> attempting to load adaptor class for Bio::Location::Fuzzy
>>>         attempting to load module Bio::DB::BioSQL::FuzzyAdaptor
>>> no adaptor found for class Bio::Annotation::TypeManager
>>> attempting to load adaptor class for BioNamespace
>>>         attempting to load module
>>> Bio::DB::BioSQL::BioNamespaceAdaptor
>>> instantiating adaptor class Bio::DB::BioSQL::BioNamespaceAdaptor
>>> no adaptor found for class Bio::Annotation::TypeManager
>>> attempting to load driver for adaptor class
>>> Bio::DB::BioSQL::BioNamespaceAdaptor
>>> attempting to load driver for adaptor class
>>> Bio::DB::BioSQL::BasePersistenceAdaptor
>>> Using Bio::DB::BioSQL::Pg::BasePersistenceAdaptorDriver as driver
>>> peer
>> for
>>> Bio::DB::BioSQL::BioNamespaceAdaptor
>>> preparing UK select statement: SELECT biodatabase.biodatabase_id,
>>> biodatabase.name, biodatabase.authority FROM biodatabase WHERE name
>>> = ?
>>> BioNamespaceAdaptor: binding UK column 1 to "bioperl" (namespace)
>>> preparing INSERT statement: INSERT INTO biodatabase (name, authority)
>> VALUES
>>> (?, ?)
>>> BioNamespaceAdaptor::insert: binding column 1 to "bioperl"
>>> (namespace)
>>> BioNamespaceAdaptor::insert: binding column 2 to "" (authority)
>>> attempting to load driver for adaptor class
>> Bio::DB::BioSQL::SpeciesAdaptor
>>> Using Bio::DB::BioSQL::Pg::SpeciesAdaptorDriver as driver peer for
>>> Bio::DB::BioSQL::SpeciesAdaptor
>>> preparing UK select statement: SELECT taxon_name.taxon_id, NULL,
>>> taxon.ncbi_taxon_id, taxon_name.name, NULL FROM taxon, taxon_name
>>> WHERE
>>> taxon.taxon_id = taxon_name.taxon_id AND name_class = ? AND
>> ncbi_taxon_id =
>>> ?
>>> SpeciesAdaptor: binding UK column 1 to "scientific name" (name_class)
>>> SpeciesAdaptor: binding UK column 2 to "3702" (ncbi_taxid)
>>> prepare SELECT CLASSIFICATION: SELECT name.name, node.node_rank FROM
>> taxon
>>> node, taxon taxon, taxon_name name WHERE name.taxon_id =
>>> node.taxon_idAND
>>> taxon.left_value BETWEEN node.left_value AND node.right_value AND
>>> taxon.taxon_id = ? AND name.name_class = 'scientific name' ORDER BY

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org