[Bioperl-l] extracting CDS portion of RefSeqs

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Fri Dec 16 12:54:35 EST 2005

On Dec 15, 2005, at 11:06 AM, Cook, Malcolm wrote:

> Regarding performance, I've never tried it, but you might look at
> http://doc.bioperl.org/bioperl-live/Bio/Seq/SeqBuilder.html, which
> shows
> you how to tell SeqIO that you only need to read sequence and features.

BTW right now only genbank.pm supports the SeqBuilder interface. If
anyone of those people who posted recently that they'd like to
volunteer read this, this would be a nice opportunity to take a fully
working implementation as an example and transfer it to other
applicable parsers, e.g. embl and swiss.

	-hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org