[Bioperl-l] PrimarySeq object question

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki at sanbi.ac.za
Fri Dec 9 01:52:48 EST 2005

Kevin,

The message you get comes from Bio::Seq::SeqWithQuality module. It could be
argued that it is overzealous to throw an exception if it can not find a
sequence. Also, the message comes after it has come to the conclusion that
you have not set the alphabet that, according to your code snippet, you have.
example scf file.

Meanwhile, you can always avoid exiting from you code by wrapping the code
within the eval statement.

eval {
  # your code
}; # note the ';'