[Bioperl-l] ppm of bioperl release candidate

Nathan Haigh nathanhaigh at ukonline.co.uk
Mon Dec 20 20:21:02 EST 2004

I have been working on making a ppd file for the upcoming 1.5 bioperl release as well as a bioperl-run ppd and associated tar.gz
files. In these ppd files I have tried to include as many of the bioperl dependencies I could find so that the user will only need
to install the bioperl ppd via PPM (if the user needs to use PPm, chances are, they'll want everything installed so they don't have
the hassle of wondering why things don't work at a later date); without this the user my have limited bioperl functionality due to
missing dependencies (or other modules that are required for extended functionality).

I can let you have the ppd file, then all you need to do is generate the tar.gz file from the blib dir as Lincoln suggested, and
modify the ppm file so it points to the tar.gz file.

Nathan