[Bioperl-l] macperl

Todd Richmond todd at verdant.stanford.edu
Fri Nov 7 00:10:45 EST 2003

Liam Elbourne wrote:

> I was just wondering, preparatory to installing bioperl, how relevant
> the documentation for bioperl 0.7/macperl 5.004 (
> http://bioperl.org/Core/mac-bioperl.html ) would be for the current
> situation of bioperl 1.2.3/macperl 5.6 would be, and curious whether a
> more current version exists. Naturally, if there isn't a more current
> version, I am not going to look gift documentation in the particulars,
> and will take this opportunity to say "Thanks!" to Todd, if he is
> still out there.

I'm still around - though I made the switch to Mac OS X as soon as I
could so there won't be any updated documentation from me. I would
imagine a few of the issues caused by  macperl 5.004 have gone away, but
I'm sure the ever advancing nature of bioperl (and its dependencies) has
introduced some new ones. If at all possible, I'd suggest using OS X -
the ability to type "perl Makefile.pl, make, make test, make install"
and have it all just work is worth it.

Todd

--
Todd Richmond