[Bioperl-l] macperl

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Thu Nov 6 22:33:20 EST 2003

Bioperl should build like a charm on a MacOSX 10.2.+ platform, without any
magic having to be undertaken. In fact, MacOSX is the main development
platform for at least I believe 3 people on the core team (Jason, Ewan, I
hope I don't grossly misquote you ...).

You may have some trouble with dependencies though, but really the only one
that may require some acrobatics is GD and its own dependencies, which I've
heard can be a hassle on any platform. Just be careful that you don't
install an older version of LWP as it will overwrite /usr/bin/head with
/usr/bin/HEAD (OSX being case-insensitive).

    -hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org