[Bioperl-l] Fwd: [GMOD-devel] GO::TermFinder Announcement

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Mon Mar 24 12:24:57 EST 2003

I'm in email exchange with Gavin. Essentially Gavin needs to decide how
much bioperl'ization would be needed and how much he is willing to do.
I.e., he needs to say whether he wants this to move into bioperl. (it
is going to need a maintainer, and there's not much doubt who would
need to be that ...)

We need to check where his GO::AnnotationProvider fits in. I'm going to
check this out, but others (Ewan, Aaron, Lincoln?) should do so too.
Then there's some incompatibilities wrt how ontologies are read in and
how the queries into an ontology are managed, but I suppose these can
be worked out.

	-hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org