[Bioperl-l] RelationshipI has no distance

Ewan Birney birney at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Mar 19 08:58:14 EST 2003

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003, Chris Mungall wrote:

> seperate - PathI inherits from RelationshipI
>
> On Tue, 18 Mar 2003, Hilmar Lapp wrote:
>
> > There is no distance attribute on Ontology::RelationshipI, i.e., it
> > basically represents pairs of terms connected by an arc, not pairs of
> > terms connected by a path.
> >
> > Should we extend it to represent paths too, or is it better to have a
> > separate interface + object for the path?
> >
> > Ewan, I'm afraid this better goes into 1.2.1 too ... sorry about this,
> > but once we have votes, this is implemented very quickly, since there's
> > not much meat in there.

I am buried under EU grant writing, going somewhat cross-eyed trying to
sort out which A5 form I should be filling out for which STREP/NOE or
whatever... (should be coming closer to the end of this particular bit of
purgatory soon).

So, in short, I'm happy to stretch the release a little longer as I wont
be doing a massive amount on bioperl for the next couple of days