[Bioperl-l] GenericHSP methods

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 08:55:49 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, Paul Boutros wrote:

> And it is always possible to reach through to contained elements?  I had
> assumed that access methods would be protected and not accessible.

If they are public methods they are accessible, public methods are
functions which don't start with a leading '_'.

Two rules: If the method starts with _ it is private, and don't expect
private data ($obj->{'_hashkey'}) to be valid when inheriting or even
between versions of the toolkit (unless you know exactly what you are
doing).

-jason