[Bioperl-l] Reading multiple records with Bio::Tools::BPbl2seq

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 17:18:07 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, Michael Muratet wrote:

> Greetings
>
> After reading the documentation and the source, it's still not clear to
> me if BPbl2seq will read multiple records or how to make it do so. (But
> I'm still green...) Can anybody offer a suggestion? Thanks.

I don't think it will.

Did you solve the problems with the tempfile being closed? if I remember
rightly it something about not destroying an object.

In general I tend to run blast executables directly in a script only using
bioperl to do the actual parsing of the blast report, and not using the
running methods.