[Bioperl-l] Re: SP-ML Draft released (fwd)

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 15:59:30 +0000 (GMT)

Apologies for the cross posting again to the bio* projects

Swissprot is developing a XML markup for swissprot which is such a big
step forward away from having to column count comment lines I think it is
great! I think it is perfectly sensible that swissprot is using their own
format as they really want to cleanly represent what they know --- I think
it is the job of the Bio* projects and/or XSLT hackers to map this into
Agave/BSML/whatever-your-favourite-xml is.

URL below.

I'm going to look into a bioperl SeqIO parser. I wonder if Java and Python
want to look into their parsers for this.

Kai, Wolfgang and the general swissprot crew I think would be interested
in feedback on the format. sp-ml@ebi.ac.uk is the place to post.

Hi Ewan,

Here is the URL and some examples:
               http://www.ebi.ac.uk/swissprot/SP-ML/

> On Tuesday, March 5, 2002, at 02:03 , Kai Runte wrote:
> Please send questions, suggestions, etc. to:
>                   SP-ML Team <sp-ml@ebi.ac.uk>

Thanks,
Wolfgang