[Bioperl-l] Smith-Waterman for DNA seq in bioperl?

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 20:54:58 -0400 (EDT)

It is a bit of XS under the hood using Bio::Tools::pSW, if you've no
experience with it, you'll find it a bit frustrating.

If you read the bioperl FAQ you'll see we reccomend using EMBOSS's water
for SW alignments in general and water will align DNA or protein
sequences.

-jason