[Bioperl-l] bioperl-db tests

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gnf.org
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 11:44:55 -0700

You need to get and install the bioperl main trunk latest revision in order to work with the live bioperl-db code. The errors you're seeing are all related to the map database except remove.t. I changed the config files and some other things; look into t/DBHarness.conf.example for a documented example, then copy that file to both t/DBHarness.conf and t/DBHarness.markerdb.conf and edit accordingly. You can also ignore the markerdb-related errors if you don't care about that.

Getting the config files right should make the get_MapAdaptor() error go away.

As for the exception in remove.t, the new location parser doesn't recognize the replace(...) operator, as it violates the official Genbank FT definition. The replace(...) operator was an early version of what is meanwhile a 'variation' feature tag with a standard location. Unless replace() operators still occur in current genbank downloads, I'd prefer to remove this test. Having to deal with replace() in location strings would be /really/ ugly because that operator folds location and annotation into one string.

Can you give me an idea what you'll be changing? I'm currently working on a reorganization and partial rewrite of the entire Bio::DB::* code layout, but I didn't want to commit before all tests pass.

	-hilmar