[Bioperl-l] What's the best object to store sequence assembly information?

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki@ebi.ac.uk
16 Aug 2002 16:19:26 +0100

David,

I've recently written modules to represent relationships between two
coordinate systems, e.g. clones vs contigs, but have not properly
announced them to the list. These objects should be fine for assemblies,
too. Have a look at the Bio::Coordinate namespace in the bioperl-live
CVS repository. Bio::Coordinate::Pair represents continuous match and
Bio::Coordinate::Collection is close to an assembly.

	-Heikki