[Bioperl-l] can people with HP/Irix/Alpha confirm these reported problems with bioperl-1.0 ?

Allen Smith easmith@beatrice.rutgers.edu
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 20:10:47 -0500

> > chris dagdigian wrote:
> >

> >>This is a troubling bug report. Can others confirm? I've had zero
> >>trouble with OpenBSD and Linux but don't have easy access to Irix, HPUX
> >>or Alpha systems. We may have gotten bitten by the huge size of our
> >>distribution.

Confirmed on IRIX64 6.5.14m.

Generated sub tests. go make show_tests to see available subtests

External Module DBD::mysql, Mysql driver,
 is not installed on this computer.
  The Bio::DB::GFF in Bioperl needs it for loading and querying of Mysql-based GFF feature databases

External Module GD, Graphical Drawing Toolkit,
 is not installed on this computer.
  The Bio::Graphics in Bioperl needs it for Rendering Sequences and Features

External Module Ace, Aceperl,
 is not installed on this computer.
  The Bio::DB::Ace in Bioperl needs it for access of ACeDB database

External Module XML::Twig, Available on CPAN,
 is not installed on this computer.
  The Module Bio::Variation::IO::xml.pm in Bioperl needs it for parsing of XML documents

External Module XML::Writer, Parsing + writing of XML documents,
 is not installed on this computer.
  The Bio::SeqIO::game,Bio::Variation::* in Bioperl needs it for Bio::Variation code, GAME parser

Warning:

   There are some external packages and perl modules, listed above, which
   bioperl uses. This only effects the functionality which is listed above:
   the rest of bioperl will work fine.

   The installation of these external packages is very simple. You
   can read more about bioperl external dependencies at

   http://bioperl.org/Core/external.shtml

   Enjoy the rest of bioperl, which you can use after going 'make install'

Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Writing Makefile for Bio
mkdir blib
mkdir blib/lib
mkdir blib/arch
mkdir blib/arch/auto
mkdir blib/arch/auto/Bio
mkdir blib/lib/auto
mkdir blib/lib/auto/Bio
mkdir blib/man3
couldn't load shell: Argument list too long (bu22).
*** Error code 1 (bu21)

--
Allen Smith			http://cesario.rutgers.edu/easmith/
September 11, 2001		A Day That Shall Live In Infamy II