[Bioperl-l] Bioperl::Windows::installation ??

Viren Konde virenbio@yahoo.com
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 06:51:32 -0800 (PST)

Dear Members:

I have installed Perl5.6.1 on Windows Me platform
successfully but then have problems to install the
Bioperl-0.7.0 module. I am aware of the best System
requirements for Perl (Unix environment).

I could only do the following steps.
1>Download Bioperl-0.7.0.tar.gz
2>Decompress (with gunzip or a simliar utility)
3>Remove the file archive (eg with tar -xvf)
4>Create a ``makefile'' (with ``perl Makefile.PL'' for
perl modules

and then nothing works as there is no 'configure' and
'install' files in the root. I could not
run ``make'', ``make test'' and ``make install''
either.

Any help on installing the perl modules will be highly
appreciated.

-Viren

=====
Viren Konde,PhD