[Bioperl-l] want to bring tools together to help small labs

Elia Stupka elia@fugu-sg.org
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 14:23:12 +0800 (SGT)

> Like you, I don't seem to see the cabability to create or maintain local
> databases in bioperl yet, but I certainly could be missing something. I

The bioperl-db code takes care of maintaining a local sequence database,
for storing genbank,etc. entries, fetching, querying, etc.

As far as the pipeline database is concerned, I think to go all the way to
the functionality described in the mail, you would actually end up with
something similar to the ensembl pipeline.

Elia

--
* http://www.ebi.ac.uk/~elia *