[Bioperl-l] problems accessing cvs and ftp

Jason Stajich jason@chg.mc.duke.edu
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 22:31:56 -0400 (EDT)

CVS port must not be allowed through your firewall.  I can cvs from my
machine so server is certainly not down.  Ask your admin to allow cvs out
(port 2401 I am guessing here).

As for ftping to bioperl.org - will have to see if
Chris Dagdigian has any ideas. Pretty sure this is your firewall causing
problems and potentially our ftp daemon configuration is not jiving with
it.