Perl Conference Handout

Steve A. Chervitz sac@genome.stanford.edu
Mon, 11 Aug 1997 21:13:37 -0700 (PDT)

> Actually, Bio::PreSeq needs to be packaged, too, doesn't it ?
> (i.e. I think it requires manual editing, too.)

Has Chris made any changes since 0.035 (26 May 97)? I haven't heard much
from him lately. Perhaps he's on vacation?

> > Where's the version I should pack up?
>
> http://www.TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE/techfak/persons/fuellen/UnivAln.tar.gz
> Note that revcom(), etc, return a subalignment as a string or array,
> and if that's not what we want (from recent discussion,
> I infer that an object needs to be returned),
> this needs to be flagged as ``SUBJECT TO CHANGE'' in all the utility functions.
> At least a ``GENERAL REMARK'' is needed.
> Are there other prospective changes to the UnivAln interface that should be
> marked ?

It makes most sense to have a single "SUBJECT TO CHANGE" section near the
top in which all forseeable changes could be noted.

SteveB: I have not yet attempted to package anything up yet. Perhaps we
could meet and decide how best to do this?

Also, for shooting slides, I use Kodak Ektachrome "Elite" color film ASA
100, if you're still thinking of taking slides.

Steve