Perl Conference Handout

Georg Fuellen fuellen@dali.Mathematik.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Mon, 11 Aug 1997 18:20:26 +0000 (GMT)

Hi SteveB,
> Georg,
>
>   No time to edit the homepage before my return in early Oct.  Feel free
> to steal the text yourself though.  (Note that my text was stolen from the
> homepage and then slighly altered.)

Can you send me the final version ? (I remember SteveC suggested corrections,
etc)

>   Sorry :(
>
>   But I will *try* to get UnivAln packaged, with SteveC, so we both learn.

Actually, Bio::PreSeq needs to be packaged, too, doesn't it ?
(i.e. I think it requires manual editing, too.)

> Where's the version I should pack up?

http://www.TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE/techfak/persons/fuellen/UnivAln.tar.gz
Note that revcom(), etc, return a subalignment as a string or array,
and if that's not what we want (from recent discussion,
I infer that an object needs to be returned),
this needs to be flagged as ``SUBJECT TO CHANGE'' in all the utility functions.
At least a ``GENERAL REMARK'' is needed.
Are there other prospective changes to the UnivAln interface that should be
marked ?