[Open-bio-l] Automated testing server; was [BioRuby] tutorial

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 4 17:08:58 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 4:59 PM, Andreas Prlic <andreas at sdsc.edu> wrote:
>> I see, from http://cruisecontrol.sourceforge.net/
>
> correct
>
>> Would you be happy with http://testing.open-bio.org/biojava/ as the URL?
>
> sure
>
>> Are there any gotchas with installing it?
>
> it is all in Java and requires also a Tomcat server running on one
> port. There was something about not having too much CPU available on
> the VM? Some of the junit tests in biojava require a bit of CPU. RAM
> requirement currently is < 512M and finally SSH keys have to be set up
> so the build system can upload the latest biojava snapshots to the
> Maven build archive...

You mean it runs the unit tests itself? Hmm - that may not fit with
type of Amazon machine Chris D is renting for testing.open-bio.org
(buildbot doesn't do any heavy lifting - a separate pool of slaves
run the unit tests).

>> So far I'm getting buildbot emails from testing.open-bio.org so
>> you may find it works OK from the new location.
>
> problem is not the sending of the mails but getting them accepted on
> biojava-l and -dev. They keep getting flagged as suspicious mails due
> to the long HTML content.

OK - I assumed it would be down to the sender's DNS or something.
As you say, long HTML content is a different issue.

Peter