[Open-bio-l] Automated testing server; was [BioRuby] tutorial

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Fri Mar 4 16:59:15 UTC 2011

> I see, from http://cruisecontrol.sourceforge.net/

correct

> Would you be happy with http://testing.open-bio.org/biojava/ as the URL?

sure

> Are there any gotchas with installing it?

it is all in Java and requires also a Tomcat server running on one
port. There was something about not having too much CPU available on
the VM? Some of the junit tests in biojava require a bit of CPU. RAM
requirement currently is < 512M and finally SSH keys have to be set up
so the build system can upload the latest biojava snapshots to the
Maven build archive...

> So far I'm getting buildbot emails from testing.open-bio.org so
> you may find it works OK from the new location.

problem is not the sending of the mails but getting them accepted on
biojava-l and -dev. They keep getting flagged as suspicious mails due
to the long HTML content.

Andreas

> Peter

Dr. Andreas Prlic
Senior Scientist, RCSB PDB Protein Data Bank
University of California, San Diego
(+1) 858.246.0526