[Open-bio-l] Automated testing server; was [BioRuby] tutorial

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 4 16:45:32 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 4:34 PM, Andreas Prlic <andreas at sdsc.edu> wrote:
> Just to quickly add, for BioJava, we are already using CruiseControl
> for automated testing, building and making nightly releases. I am
> hosting this on one of my work servers:
> http://source.rcsb.org:8080/cruisecontrol/  but would be happy if this
> would be moved to an OBF service.

I see, from http://cruisecontrol.sourceforge.net/

Would you be happy with http://testing.open-bio.org/biojava/ as the URL?

Are there any gotchas with installing it? e.g. dependencies? I guess
you'll need to contact Chris D to get access to the machine and
also sign up to root-l to keep you in the loop with any sys admin.
He'll probably want to know things like expected machine load
(e.g. is it RAM hungry?).

> Only issue with this system is that mailman keeps filtering out the
> notification emails that are being generated if one of the junit tests
> (or compilation) fails, so I still have to myself keep chasing
> developers who break the build.

So far I'm getting buildbot emails from testing.open-bio.org so
you may find it works OK from the new location.

Peter