[MOBY-l] Problems starting dashboard in trunk

Ola Spjuth ola.spjuth at farmbio.uu.se
Fri Mar 28 11:12:55 UTC 2008

Hi,

This looks exactly like my problem. Let me first say again that I am
new to maven. I could not find commons-collections in moby-live/Java/
pom.xml. I added it there like:

     <dependency>
       <groupId>commons-collections</groupId>
       <artifactId>commons-collections</artifactId>
       <version>3.2</version>
     </dependency>

and maven collected it for me and 3.2 now shows up in maven
dependencies of Eclipse instead of the previous 2.1, and I confirm
that map/LinkedMap is there. However, I still cannot start dashboard
(I get the same exception). Cleanall didn't help. Is there something
else I should do for the dep to be picked up by ant and build.xml?

Martin: I tried firstly from Eclipse but 'build/run/run-dashboard'
from command line gives the same exception.

Thanks,

/Ola

On Mar 28, 2008, at 11:21 , Björn Usadel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> looks very similar to what Marc experienced on his Mac.
>
> I attached his solution below. We don't know if this is the
> appropriate solution, as we are really more into Perl Biomoby than
> Java Biomoby. But this did the trick for Marc. Maybe one of the
> Java guys can chip in here?
>
> Cheers,
> Björn
> ---------------
> Hi Björn,
>
> yes i can comment on this:
>
> When looking at the stack trace of the exception thrown you see
> that it is again  the
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/collections/map/
> LinkedMap
>
> error. So you’ll need to get  version 3.2 of the commons-
> collections (commons-collections-3.2.jar)
> and put it in the right place. I did this manually on the command
> line since i do know nothing about
> “maven dependencies” -  but i guess that if you change “commons-
> collections-2.1.jar” to
> “commons-collections-3.2.jar” in the dependency list you’ll be fine
> after rebuilding the dashboard
> (and i suggest you do “ant clean” or whatever is the equivalent to
> this in eclipse before rebuilding).
>
> I hope this solves your problem,
>
> bests,
> Marc
>
> P.S.: I do not think this is a JVM-related problem as i am using
> the same version of
> apple’s JVM.
>
> Andreas Groscurth wrote:
>> Hi Ola,
>> I hope a apple person can jump in here because I have no idea about
>> apples and its JVM.... is it a JRE or a JDK ?
>> andreas
>> Ola Spjuth wrote:
>>> Hi Andreas,
>>>
>>> Sorry, I should have clarified this:
>>>
>>> I have apples JVM1.5.0 installed at
>>> /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0 with the
>>> following structure:
>>>
>>> Classes
>>> Commands
>>> Headers