[MOBY-dev] Moby in a secure world

Paul Gordon gordonp at ucalgary.ca
Thu Nov 22 15:14:29 UTC 2007

Hi Pieter,

While your approach definitely works, I am loathe to incorporate
authentication within Moby itself, as I mentioned in my previous
message.  I think a more elegant solution would be for the community to
suggest the use of enveloped XML signatures in the MOBY payload.  In
that way, the authentication is built right into the message (e.g.
public-key based), rather than relying on a username/password database.
This would also promote one authentication amongst all service
providers.  It would also be backward compatible, as parsers should
ignore the signature tag, as it's not in the MOBY namespace.

My $0.02,

Paul