[MOBY-dev] Moby in a secure world

groscurt at mpiz-koeln.mpg.de groscurt at mpiz-koeln.mpg.de
Thu Nov 22 11:54:13 UTC 2007

Hiho,

at the EU-Sol meeting in Rome we discussed the usability of Moby for the
project. One main issue was if it is possible to secure the data send via
WebServices and to ensure that only specific people are able to use
specific webservices. This is because the EU-Sol is a closed consortium
with industry partners and they, but also the "normal" biologists, demand
to have a solution which guarantees such requirements.

So what I was wondering if this issue already came up in Moby ? I'm
currently getting started to understand the current principles of securing
WebServices, but i was wondering if someone has somehow experiences with
that ?

So any comments and hints are welcome :-)

Best
andreas