[MOBY-dev] iGoogle as a cusomizable Moby Mashup?

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Wed Nov 14 16:44:14 UTC 2007

All of my GO services are currently dead.  they were coded to access a
database at UBC that was taken offline when our university (in their
esteemed brilliance) closed the UBC Bioinformatics Centre :-P

I'm looking at other options now.  Apparently there's an open GO database
at EMBL, so I'm going to try to hit that one and see if it works for me.
I'm not anxious to host and maintain the full GO database here locally, so
if I can't find an open mysql interface somewhere else then I'll have to
take those services offline.

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 08:14:56 -0800, Pieter Neerincx
<Pieter.Neerincx at wur.nl> wrote:

> On 15-nov-2007, at 15:38, Mark Wilkinson wrote:
>
>> Services may well be down... I am not currently filtering for "alive"
>> services...
>
> Fair enough :), but I tried one of my own services for which I know
> 100% it's up and I tried the getGoTerm service from
> bioinfo.icapture.ubc.ca. That latter one is one of yours right? Also
> gave my a 404 error with several GO terms with and without the GO:
> prefix in front of the GO ID...
>
> Weird, but I tried again and my own service works now. Didn't change
> anything and checked the server logs: it's been up all the time.
> getGoTerm still fails on me though.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Pi

>> On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 05:57:14 -0800, Pieter Neerincx
>> <Pieter.Neerincx at wur.nl> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Mark,
>>>
>>> Like the idea! Several colleagues showed me their personalised Google
>>> pages, but I never bothered to signup for an account, because I
>>> didn't see any content worth the effort. That changed today :).
>>>
>>> Just give it try and I'm getting "404 - Service returned no response.
>>> This indicates that this service is currently unavailable. Try again
>>> later." for several gadgets... Work in progress I guess :). Will try
>>> again later.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Pi

>>> Wageningen University and Research centre (WUR)
>>> Laboratory of Bioinformatics
>>> Transitorium (building 312) room 1034
>>>
>>> Dreijenlaan 3
>>> 6703 HA Wageningen
>>> The Netherlands
>>>
>>> phone:  0317-483 039
>>> fax: 0317-483 584
>>> mobile: 06-143 66 783
>>> mail: pieter.neerincx at wur.nl
>>> skype: pieter.online

> Wageningen University and Research centre (WUR)
> Laboratory of Bioinformatics
> Transitorium (building 312) room 1034
>
> Dreijenlaan 3
> 6703 HA Wageningen
> The Netherlands
>
> phone:  0317-483 039
> fax: 0317-483 584
> mobile: 06-143 66 783
> mail: pieter.neerincx at wur.nl
> skype: pieter.online

Mark Wilkinson
Assistant Professor, Dept. Medical Genetics
University of British Columbia
PI Bioinformatics
iCAPTURE Centre, St. Paul's Hospital
Tel:  604 682 2344 x62129
Fax:  604 806 9274

***CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE***
This electronic message is intended only for the use of the addressee and
may contain information that is privileged and confidential.  Any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication by
unauthorized individuals is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply
e-mail and delete the original and all copies from your system.