[MOBY-dev] [moby] Suggestion for new tag in Parameter (Secondary Input specification)

Pieter Neerincx Pieter.Neerincx at wur.nl
Fri Feb 24 19:12:37 UTC 2006

On 24-Feb-2006, at 3:38 PM, Martin Senger wrote:

>> I would rather like to see a solution where this additional
>> information is provided by the service (provider)
>>
>    This solution already exists. It is called LSID metadata
> resolution and
> any service provider can (should) do it.
> Even the RDF predicates to be
> used for things like example input and expected output were (I
> think) defined in an RFC describing the LSID metadata resolution.

Oops, looks like I missed something :). I'll have a second look at
the LSID things. So far I didn't look at it thoroughly, because I
never got the Perl LS::ID.pm module to install correctly. Always
failed the tests. I simply copied it over and so far it doesn't
create problems.

>    Regarding INB, it is not that important how they add and how
> they store
> the additional information about their services, but how they make
> access
> to this information. If they choose to provide them via LSID metadata
> resolution, it's perfect, standard and everybody can benefit fom it.

If I understood the paper correctly that's not the case, but correct
me if I'm wrong.

Cheers,

Pi

>    Martin's 2c's.
>    Cheers, M.
>
> --
> Martin Senger
>    email: martin.senger at gmail.com
>    skype: martinsenger
> consulting for:
>    International Rice Research Institute
>    Biometrics and Bioinformatics Unit
>    DAPO BOX 7777, Metro Manila
>    Philippines, phone: +63-2-580-5600 (ext.2324)

Wageningen University and Research centre (WUR)
Laboratory of Bioinformatics
Transitorium (building 312) room 1034
Dreijenlaan 3
6703 HA Wageningen