[MOBY-dev] [moby] Suggestion for new tag in Parameter (Secondary Input specification)

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Fri Feb 24 16:26:10 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-24 at 14:38 +0000, Martin Senger wrote:
> > I would rather like to see a solution where this additional
> > information is provided by the service (provider)
> >
>    This solution already exists. It is called LSID metadata resolution and
> any service provider can (should) do it.

Absolutely correct!

The "core" predicates were defined in the RFC, and are documented here:
http://biomoby.open-bio.org/index.php/for-
developers/moby_extensions/moby_metadata

It's probably a good idea to discuss what the common extension
predicates are going to be amongst the community so that we all know
what to look for in your RDF (and these may eventually become part of
the core API), but that doesn't stop anyone from adding whatever
metadata they wish to their own RDF.

Mark Wilkinson
Asst. Professor, Dept. of Medical Genetics
University of British Columbia
PI in Bioinformatics, iCAPTURE Centre
St. Paul's Hospital, Rm. 166, 1081 Burrard St.
Vancouver, BC, V6Z 1Y6
tel: 604 682 2344 x62129
fax: 604 806 9274

"For most of this century we have viewed communications as a conduit,
       a pipe between physical locations on the planet.
What's happened now is that the conduit has become so big and interesting
      that communication has become more than a conduit,
       it has become a destination in its own right..."

                Paul Saffo - Director, Institute for the Future