[MOBY-dev] fixes in Moses

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Wed Feb 1 08:25:35 UTC 2006

On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 00:05:50 -0800, Martin Senger <senger at ebi.ac.uk> wrote:

>    2) Much more important: I have fixed a nasty bug in Moses objects that
> prevented (in some cases) to recognize that a more specialized data type
> has arrived to a moby service (thanks to Eddie for finding the problem).

excellent!  This is one of the aspects of MOBY that we haven't fully taken
advantage of in the past.  gbrowse_moby handles it, but I'm not sure if
Taverna does (?? does it ??)

I am *so* looking forward to 'Moby II' where we model things in RDF rather
than XML, since that will allow us to make the "has" and "hasa"
subcomponents of an object also be more complex than they are defined in
the ontology.  In the current MOBY XML data messages this isn't allowed
because we have little choice but to use XPath queries to get at the
subcomponents of a data-object, and that would break if the subcomponents
were not predictable (by their primary tags)...

Nevertheless, allowing the outermost object to be more complex still gives
us a lot of freedom!

Thanks Martin!