[MOBY-dev] BioMOBY Asynchronous Service Call Proposal v2.2 - <wsa:Action> tag missing for GetResourceProperty requests

Pieter Neerincx Pieter.Neerincx at wur.nl
Fri Aug 25 11:45:39 UTC 2006

Hi all,

The proposal contains some example XML for GetReourceProperty and
GetMultipleResourceProperties requests. On page 12 there are the
requests to poll for service execution status and on page 13/14 for
service results. If I understood correctly these requests for
resource properties MUST contain a <wsa:Action> tag in the SOAP
header according to the WSRF standard. So I think the XML should look
like this:

SOAP XML requests to poll for service execution status:

<soap:Envelope>
    <soap:Header>
       . . .
       <wsa:To wsu:Id="To">http://myserver.com/MyService</wsa:To>
       <rpimpl:ServiceInvocationId>ID</rpimpl:ServiceInvocationId>
       <wsa:Action>http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrf/rpw-2/
GetResourceProperty/GetResourcePropertyRequest</wsa:Action>
       . . .
    </soap:Header>
    <soap:Body>
       <GetResourceProperty>status_queryId00</GetResourceProperty>
    </soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

Or for retrieving multiple resource properties in one go:

<soap:Envelope>
    <soap:Header>
       . . .
       <wsa:To wsu:Id="To">http://myserver.com/MyService</wsa:To>
       <rpimpl:ServiceInvocationId>ID</rpimpl:ServiceInvocationId>
       <wsa:Action>http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrf/rpw-2/
GetMultipleResourceProperties/GetMultipleResourcePropertiesRequest</
wsa:Action>
       . . .
    </soap:Header>
    <soap:Body>
       <GetMultipleResourceProperties>
          <wsrp:ResourceProperty>status_queryId00</
wsrp:ResourceProperty>
          <wsrp:ResourceProperty>status_queryId01</
wsrp:ResourceProperty>
          . . .
       </GetMultipleResourceProperties>
    </soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

Similarly
       <wsa:Action>http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrf/rpw-2/
GetResourceProperty/GetResourcePropertyResponse</wsa:Action>
and
       <wsa:Action>http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrf/rpw-2/
GetMultipleResourceProperties/GetMultipleResourcePropertiesResponse</
wsa:Action>
MUST be added to the responses for the requests.
Furthermore the same <wsa:Action> tags should be added to requests
and responses to retrieve the results.

Or did I get these standards documents wrong? The BioMOBY Async
proposal was very readable, but I have to admit the WSRF, WS
Addressing and LSAE docs drove me nuts sometimes...

Cheers,

Pi