[MOBY-dev] BioMOBY Asynchronous Service Call Proposal v2.2 - <wsa:Action> tag missing for GetResourceProperty requests

Johan Karlsson johan at ac.uma.es
Fri Aug 25 14:31:59 UTC 2006

Hi Pieter (and thanks for the comments)!

Pieter Neerincx wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The proposal contains some example XML for GetReourceProperty and
> GetMultipleResourceProperties requests. On page 12 there are the
> requests to poll for service execution status and on page 13/14 for
> service results. If I understood correctly these requests for
> resource properties MUST contain a <wsa:Action> tag in the SOAP
> header according to the WSRF standard. So I think the XML should look
> like this:
>
> SOAP XML requests to poll for service execution status:
>
> <soap:Envelope>
>     <soap:Header>
>        . . .
>        <wsa:To wsu:Id="To">http://myserver.com/MyService</wsa:To>
>        <rpimpl:ServiceInvocationId>ID</rpimpl:ServiceInvocationId>
>        <wsa:Action>http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrf/rpw-2/
> GetResourceProperty/GetResourcePropertyRequest</wsa:Action>
>        . . .
>     </soap:Header>
>     <soap:Body>
>        <GetResourceProperty>status_queryId00</GetResourceProperty>
>     </soap:Body>
> </soap:Envelope>

I think you are completely right about the missing wsa:Action, we must
have missed to put it in the document... it does appear messages the
prototype sends but with a slightly different URL:

<wsa:Action
wsu:Id="Action">http://www.ibm.com/xmlns/stdwip/web-services/WS-ResourceProperties/GetResourcePropertyResponse</wsa:Action>

However, I think this comes from the WSRF::Lite version we use. We will
check and let you know more.
> Or did I get these standards documents wrong? The BioMOBY Async
> proposal was very readable, but I have to admit the WSRF, WS
> Addressing and LSAE docs drove me nuts sometimes...

I totally agree, the WRSF and WS-adressing documents are not light
reading... :-)

Kind regards,
Johan