[MOBY-dev] RDF file generation for test registry

heese at mpiz-koeln.mpg.de heese at mpiz-koeln.mpg.de
Fri Apr 7 12:59:45 UTC 2006

Hi Eddi,
thanks for the answers, I just found them in the archives, since I somehow
kicked myself out of the mailing list trying to switch from digest to
normal mode - but now I'm back in ...

> 1. Is there a page available equivalent to
> http://mobycentral.icapture.ubc.ca/servlets/forms/getSignature
> Form to create/update an rdf document for services registered
> in the TestCentral at
> (bioinfo.icapture.ubc.ca/cgi-bin/mobycentral/MOBY-Central.pl)?

> There is no such page for the test registry. I can make one if you wish
>though.

I think it would be a nice feature, since I havn't found another way to
get an RDF for several services in one go (so far I used the dashboard to
register my services & get the RDF).

In fact, I havn't been able to get a valid RDF document for the
TestRegistry at all. When I used the dasboard, the RDF I recieved was
empty (just the RDF-tags). Then I tried to take the detour over the
MobyCentral registry (i.e. I registered the same service there (via
dashboard), got an RDF with content, and tried to use this RDF for the
TestRestigry as well. But since the RDFs for MobyCentralRegistry and
TestRegistry aren't alike (I wasn't aware of that), it obviously didn't
work either. So, what would be the correct way to generate a valid
RDF-document for the Test registry at the moment?

> 2. I registered a couple of services at the TestCentral the
> old way without giving a RDF signature URL. Now I wanted to
> deregister them the old way but it failed since you generated
> an rdf last week that included my services. Can you please
> deregister them, so I can regain control over them? I will
> use an RDF file for registration next time, I promise :) ...
>
> Sure I can, let me know the service name/authority and I will remove them.

Please remove all services with the authority mpiz-koeln.mpg.de starting
with MH_ from the TestRegistry and if there is another one with the
authority mpiz-koeln.mpg.de that has your RDF signature URL, please remove
that one as well (I'm not at work right now, so I cannot look up the name,
sorry).

Thanks, maren