[MOBY-dev] Prefixes for generated moby objects

Anika Joecker joecker at mpiz-koeln.mpg.de
Fri Apr 7 14:03:32 UTC 2006

Hello,

I implemented a JMOBY webservice, which returns a BioMoby BLAST-Text object.
Content, namespace and ID are added by JMOBY API like this:

BLAST_Text text = new BLAST_Text();
text.setId("output");
text.setNamespace("BLAST");
text.set_content(result);

By executing my BioMoby service I found, that some tags (XML namespaces) in
the output XML file were prefixed with "moby:" and all JMoby primitives were
not.
For example:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<moby:MOBY xmlns:moby='http://www.biomoby.org/moby'
xmlns='http://www.biomoby.org/moby'>
<moby:mobyContent moby:authority='inb.bsc.es'>
<moby:mobyData moby:queryID='a0'>
<moby:Simple  moby:articleName='wublast_report'>
<moby:BLAST-Text namespace='' id=''>
<String articleName='content'>                        <-- here

Because of that I've got some problems by parsing the XML output with Java
JDOM.
So my questions are:

Why have the primitives no "moby" XML namespace?
Is it possible to change the JMoby api so that all primitives get a "moby" XML
namespace too?

Thanks,
Anika