[moby] [MOBY-dev] RE: parseMobyData

Tom Oinn tmo at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Nov 2 17:58:07 UTC 2005

Mark Wilkinson wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 07:47 -0800, Edward Kawas wrote:
>

>>Also, I think that I could add support for parsing
>>collections. Given a collection, return a list of whatever
>>that widget returns.
>

> Wow... I didn't realize that this functionality wasn't already in there
> somewhere.  Or am I misunderstanding? Can't Taverna take a collection
> and pass the individual members one at a time to a downstream service
> that consumes simples?  I guess I've never built a workflow that needs
> this.  It's an interesting "book-keeping" problem for Taverna in that it
> would have to generate unique queryID's for each of the Simples it
> passed, since these would not have been provided by the previous service
> provider...

It _did_ work like that in our original version, yes. We broke all moby
collections into Taverna collections of moby simples, using Taverna's
type reconciliation layer to reconstitute these into moby collections if
required or to iterate over services consuming moby simples. A while ago
we agreed that this behaviour should be retained so if it doesn't do
that now it's a bug.

Tom