[MOBY-dev] Re: parseMobyData

Rebecca Ernst rebecca.ernst at gsf.de
Thu Nov 3 14:58:32 UTC 2005

Hi Eddie, Mark, Pieter, Tom and others!

The problem No.1 (Collections in parsemobydata) is solved resp. it
didn't exist.
As for every other service or scavenger Taverna decomposes the object
into simples! (this is true for Taverna versions up to 1.1 and for 1.3.
Not for the 1.2 release though but here Eddie has a bugfix via CVS)
The reason we believed it is a collection problem is that parsing of one
service output failed which gives back collections.
Now we digged into it and found that Taverna doesn't have a problem with
the object being a collection: the problem was that the service is
registered as giving back simples but gives back collections. In
contrast to gbrowse Taverna obviously only decomposes collections when
it expects them to be there.

We had a look at the second problem (primitives in moby-objects) and
think that your suggestion with further ports giving access to the
primitives would solve the problem. If we got it right this would
replace the 'parseMobyData' scavenger completely - is that right?

Cheers,
Rebecca and Dirk

--
Rebecca Ernst