[MOBY-dev] RE: parseMobyData

Edward Kawas edward.kawas at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 15:47:45 UTC 2005

Hi Rebecca,

I was unaware of those issues, mainly because I didn't touch
that widget and I left it as is for compatibility reasons.

Also, I think that I could add support for parsing
collections. Given a collection, return a list of whatever
that widget returns.

Moreover, you and Pieter have been talking about retrieving
the string (and most likely integers, floats, etc) from the
objects. Pieter went as far to say that he creates
processors to do that for him. Do you think that it would be
worthwhile to add another port to processors that contain
the 'primitives' so that you can retrieve them?

For example, imagine that you are using a processor blastDB
that performs a blast search on some database and returns
the blast results in xml. In Moby, this would be a data type
called text-xml (I think). Would it be useful to also have
an output port that contains only the xml text in it?

Let me know what you think. Most likely, you have a better
idea. Tell it to me and I will see what I can do.

Eddie