[MOBY-dev] Notes from working group 'B'

Pieter Neerincx Pieter.Neerincx at wur.nl
Mon May 30 15:30:01 UTC 2005

Hello again,

On 30 May, 2005, at 16:48, José María Fernández wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> <snip>
>

>> If these replicated services share the same namespace, but are served
>> by
>> different service authorities, then a client can simply bind to a
>> single
>> service by it's authority. A combination if service name, service
>> authority and job ID / ticket should be enough to poll a service and
>> get
>> the result back from the same service. Or is too simple and am I
>> missing
>> something...
>>

> 	Well, as far as I can remember from the meeting we agreed that
> replicated services would be declared as non-replicated ones, but with
> more than one URL, so all of them share the same (authURI,serviceName)
> pair. Am I wrong, Mark, Heiko, Dirk?

Ok, I wasn't able to attend the meeting, so I definitely missed
something :(. Anyway, if replicated services will be declared with
multiple URLs for the same (authURI,serviceName) combination, then the
combination of (authURI,serviceName,URL) will uniquely identify a
service. I don't know about the other APIs but with the current Perl
API I can already search for the one service that has such a unique
combo. So that should be enough for a client to retrieve results from
the same async service to which it submitted a job/query :) Is that
correct?

Cheers,

Pieter