[moby] Re: [MOBY-dev] Notes from working group 'B'

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Mon May 30 15:10:01 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-30 at 16:48 +0200, José María Fernández wrote:

> 	Well, as far as I can remember from the meeting we agreed that
> replicated services would be declared as non-replicated ones, but with
> more than one URL, so all of them share the same (authURI,serviceName)
> pair. Am I wrong, Mark, Heiko, Dirk?

That's correct - multiple URL's associated with the same authURI and
serviceName.  The service metadata can presumably be associated
independently with each URL,though we have not yet decided on the
predicates/structure we will use.

If they are different authorities (this is not the same as saying
different URL's) then they have different signatures and are independent
registrations in the registry.

Mark Wilkinson
Asst. Professor
Dept. of Medical Genetics