[moby] Re: [MOBY-dev] Notes from working group 'B'

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Mon May 30 15:39:05 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-30 at 17:30 +0200, Pieter Neerincx wrote:

> service. I don't know about the other APIs but with the current Perl
> API I can already search for the one service that has such a unique
> combo. So that should be enough for a client to retrieve results from
> the same async service to which it submitted a job/query :) Is that
> correct?

Actually, I think this is still an issue.  At the moment, and under the
proposed API, there is no defined way for a client to interact with the
same (replicated) service when it calls an async service as it does when
it retrieves the result.  The burden of remembering which replicated
service it called may have to be client-side unless we can come up with
a creative alternative.

Mark Wilkinson
Asst. Professor
Dept. of Medical Genetics